Here are ten very good scientific reasons why you should add a banana or two to your diet.
- Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas
- High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana
- Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
Photo credit : https://www.flickr.com/photos/30478819@N08/33737342453