Christmas is now over and the new year is fast approaching, blogs and magazines are full of declutter your life ideas and minimalist living inspiration. Sometimes we need to relax and stop being so hard on ourselfs, we can still declutter and get organised without going over the top ! Don’t get stressed out, here are some ideas to get your 2019 clear out off to a good start 😉
You will need bin bags and lots of them! I think I filled about 12 bags full the last few days 😂 as I’m doing a big clear out for 2019 approaching. Still have no idea how I managed to fill so many and still be drowning in clutter 😁😂
So I decided to take a much tougher approach, everything I lifted an item I’d say to myself ” do I need this” ” why am I keeping this” “what purpose does it serve” “can I give this to charity” If it couldnt serve a purpose to anyone such as family, friend or charity it went into the bin. It was hard, found myself taking things out the bin 😂 Then I realised why am I attached to things with no purpose ?
Say to yourself “why do I have this ? Does it serve a purpose ? ” You have to be really strict with yourself 😤
So here are 7 Ideas to get your 2019 of to a fresh start :
1. UNSUBCRIBE from websites and free up some space in your email. We always have things in there we forget that we subscribed to. If you don’t enjoy reading it UNSUBCRIBE! Also delete old emails and check your junk folder, they’re maybe be some important messages you have missed.
2. Make money from your unwanted clutter by going along to a car boot sale and selling it all for some bargain prices, if you don’t need some extra cash give it to charity so you can help others 😇😊
3. Proper storage cabinets can hide away all your stuff nice and tidy, why not invest in some nice bookcases or a new wardrobe for 2019. Organise your books and shoes on shelfs and make it organised and tidy that you your things are easier to find and you don’t waste time hunting for things.
4. Everyone should have a wall shelf and cabinet just by their front door so they can see it before they exit the house. You put your house keys or car keys in the cabinet, hang your jacket and bag your using that day on some hooks. That way you can pick everything up as your leaving. I like to put juice or water their for me to collect when I’m leaving as I’m always thirsty in the morning. This way your less likely to forget bits and bobs you need for that day and also save time looking for things in the morning.
5. Clear out your fridge and kitchen cupboards, free up space for things you actually need and will use. Make life easier by getting some new kitchen appliances that will save you time such as peelers, pizza cutters and a dishwasher. Invest money in things that save you time as time is more valuable than money 😉 You want to be organised and clear minded in order to live a good life and spend your time wisely!
6. Keep necessities in reaching distant such as plasters, scissors, cello tape, pins etc. How many times have we wasted time searching for something so minor like scissors or a screwdriver. Keep an organised basic necessities drawer or toolbox thats easily found.
7. Organise important dates and events in your diary and put them into your phone and set alerts so you can be reminded if you forget. Also keep a memo board around the house where you can pin important letters and post it’s.