1. Hide and go seek around the house. This will have them running about and getting tired so they will sleep easy for Christmas 😂 Also they will be silent when they are hiding, and hopefully they will play this for a long time while everyone gets the final preparations finished for the big day.
2. A lot of parents can’t get children to sleep at the end of the night because of them being so energetic. A good way to help them relax is to give them a bath, then a Christmas story. If that fails just tell them the faster they go to sleep the faster morning will come and they can open the presents. Tell them santa only arrives if they sleep. Or do a competition about who goes to sleep first gets an early present ex. As soon as they wake up 😉
3. Some kids can be very naughty before Christmas and act up, tell them that if they behave very well on Christmas Eve they will get a early Christmas present after dinner! Even sit one present out so it’s motivation for them to be good all day 😂🎁 Even add in after dinner desert such as sweeties and chocolate but ONLY if they are good ALL DAY.
4. Christmas eve boxes. Last year and this year these are a massive trend. You can get personalised ones or even make your own at home with a bit of DIY. Eve boxes are just cute little boxes with things like, colouring books, pens, chocolate, slippers, a dvd etc. Little things to keep the kids entertained on Christmas Eve. You can even hide your Christmas eve boxes in a difficult place and have been kids hung them out 😉
5. Christmas eve walk in the park to feed the birds/animals. Take along some bread and bird feed and get the kids to place it on trees or throw it to the birds. You can make a big game out of it and get them tired out. Better yet if it’s snowing build a snowman in the garden or park.
6. Bake your own personalised cookies for santa, the elves, the reindeer and your neighbours! This will keep them going for hours on end. Use icing and cookie cutters to make loads of them, then deliver them to neighbours on your street. Leave our some cookies and milk in certain places for santa to get remember 😉🎄😂
7. Crafts ! Get some cheap craft kits from eBay and pound land and get the kids to make glittery snowmen and draw santa pictures or build a a Christmas tree with cups and materials. Get plastercine and paint a mug kits. Set out a big table and get the neighbours kids round to join in, let them let off some stream. Do it before giving them a bath though 😂 Nothing like a Craft and painting party for kids !
8. Decorating the Xmas tree 🎄 Simply take down and hide all the baubles and decorations for the Xmas tree around the house, pretend the elves have vandalised it because of bad behaviour and tell them to help redecorate it. Also you can get them to help out around the house doing a few basic chores by saying santas elves are watching them tidy up and putting away thier toys and the elves will mark down good behaviour and bring extra presents.
9. Old fashioned outdoor games in the garden such as skipping ropes and tag. Hullahoops and bouncy balls can have them running about for hours. Be sure to encourage them to compete with each other to run out thier little batteries 😂 Even blow up some simple balloons and get them to play volleyball with it. Tell them the elves are watching how good they are playing with rach other to minimilise fihhting. Make it a rule that it can’t touch the ground. Then dinner and a Christmas movie before bed.
10. Remember the whole point of Christmas eve activities is to tire the kids out or keep them quiet for a while to get some peace. Maybe get your child to do thier favourite activity all day such as dancing or tennis and this will ensure they will go to bed early. Make sure you encourage them to tire themselves out by saying things like ” draw mummy more pictures ” or ” play more hide and seek with your sister you are so good at that game ”
🎉 Merry Christmas 🎉